Wednesday 20 May, 2015

Mum's The Word - An All Weather Expert!

“I owe much to mother. She had an expert's understanding”. - David Rockefeller
 

Right from the time I was in her womb, my mother clearly came about as an expert in nurturing me and for taking all the labour to bring me out in this world. Naturally, the first expert in my life has to be none other than my mother who would help me see what is right or wrong, what is ethical, what is the right thing to do; she would help me dress up and used to make my day by preparing delicious food for the toddler me in her innovative laboratory - her kitchen! Fortunately she continues to create wonders in her kitchen; by god’s grace I can dress myself up by now, although I still keep seeking her advice about what to do in life-matters, and the daily routine inquiries of what to wear, what matches up and what suits me (I should mention that I keep getting hammered for not wearing the right clothes for the right occasion!!). Nevertheless, either way I am the one who benefits from the experiential advice I get from her. Truly a multi-tasker she is!

With my expert mother in Madhya Pradesh in 2010.

Mother used to receive my sister and me after the school ended, she used to be waiting for us with a rikshaw reserved, sometimes accompanied with sweets to treat the tired children after school. We would arrive home chatting our way, describing the day and what all we did or did not do (homework!). She would help us do homework, ensured that we did it before the evening play time. She used to take my dictations of both Hindi and English words. I used to participate keenly.


Every individual needs expert advice at some point of their life. Even the Prime Minister has a Council of Ministers advising him on many matters. There are days when we are not at our best, and that is when our very own experts come to our rescue. Amid all, one memory stands out completely when mother had been a complete saviour. I was in class sixth, I had fallen sick a month before my final exams. As a result I ended up missing many important classes, as we all know, at the last moment teachers rush up and cover a lot of ground from the syllabus in that short span of time. Later, only two weeks were left for exams, I was recovering but I needed class notes and none of the classmates were ready to lend their copies as they had to study too and they feared they would lose their copies as if I was going to have it torn apart by a dog. Anyway, I had to study. I was still weak in health and was recovering slowly. My mother took the pain of making notes for me from the textbooks, also inquired my friends over phone what the teacher had marked important in class. She helped me with the studies like a pro! I can still not forget that time. I had been dreading about the exams, and then she came with self-prepared study material for me. I did better than I had expected, I would not be modest, I did exceptionally well that in that class, all because of my mother’s determination and her expert training and hard work.

Mum and me in Dhanaulti in 2014!

Now that I have grown up, my mother seeks my advice too about the changing trends. She has beautiful hair and now they have started greying a little. Although for me she looks perfect the way she is but my mother still compains about this change in her hair. Usually the hair colours harm the texture of hair, resulting in shedding of hair strands. It was now my turn to share some expert advice with her. To relieve her of these problems I recommended the all new Godrej Expert Rich Crème! And she loves it so much now! After the very first application her hair looked healthier and got just the shade she was missing. A total of seven shades are available and my mother chose Dark Brown. The new pack comes in pre-measured sachets that saves a lot of time and makes the whole process more effective too. It contains aloe vera and milk protein that gives a natural and healthy sheen to the hair also making it more voluminous. My mother is extremely pleased with my advice and gave me blessings too. Nonetheless, she remains my all-weather expert forever.

Product photo courtesy: m.snapdeal.com




No comments:

Who Am I

My photo
A graduate in Journalism and a postgraduate in Political Science from Delhi University.

Select Readers!

You Ought To Check These Out!